Welcome! Convenient Chef is a commercial kitchen located in historic Townsite, Powell River. Convenient Chef crafts nutritious, delicious home-style prepared meals, which it sells directly to customers from its pick-up window and via delivery services. Visit the kitchen weekdays 10am-5pm and Saturdays from Noon-5pm.
Convenient Chef has just launched its Marine Menu for boaters, yachters and commercial vessels which can be ordered by phone for delivery to your vessel or meals can be picked up at Westview Fuel Dock or in Lund Harbour. We have a kiosk located at the Lund Water Taxi office in the heart of Lund, open Thursday, Friday and Saturday 12-5. See ‘Marine Menu’ in Our Menus.
Please click here or scroll to the bottom of this page to read more about our efforts to keep customers and staff safe during the current Covid-19 climate.
Convenient Chef‘s nutritious, balanced prepared meals are designed for:
- Everyday lunches and dinners in the home or workplace
- Trips – self-catering, at the cabin, AirBNB or on the boat
- Employee / overtime / emergency meals for industry
- Meetings & special events
Convenient Chef continues to offer all the favorite menu items it’s become known for, such as Laurie’s Lasagna, Maple Glazed Salmon, River City Ribs and Chicken Dijonnaise, to name just a few, and is continually introducing new home-style menu items. This includes many gluten-free and vegan meal offerings.
Convenient Chef prepared meals are sold fresh and frozen in oven-ready recyclable packaging for you, your family, colleagues and friends.
Please drop into Convenient Chef and buy some prepared meals to stock up your cooler or freezer – for those evenings you just don’t feel like cooking or forgot to pick-up groceries, but still want a nutritious, delicious, hot cooked meal in your own home, at work, on the boat or at the cabin.
Convenient Chef is located @ 5830 Ash Avenue, on the corner of Marine (Hwy. 101) & Ash Avenues in Townsite, Powell River. Look for the blue building with the sunset murals.
Convenient Chef also offers fresh hot and cold menu items for events, parties and meetings – see ‘Our Menu’ section.
Made here in Powell River, Convenient Chef meals feature many locally produced ingredients.
Convenient Chef meals are perfect for:
- Busy professionals and industry workers alike
- Seniors (‘children’ from out of town often order for their parents)
- Vacations to the cabin, Air B&B’s or away on the boat
- Families on the go, with a new baby or without spare time to cook
- Hosts of lunches or dinner parties
- ‘Date night’ at home
- Individuals on extended care or insurance claims
- Veterans (insurance providers often cover the costs)
- Institutional, health care and home care providers
- Boaters, hunters, fishermen
- Industry organizations requiring staff and / or emergency meals
- Really anyone who likes the convenience of balanced, nutritious and delicious home style cooked meals, without having to cook!
Convenient Chef does not provide catering services in the traditional sense (ie. preparing, serving and cleaning up after meal service at the client’s venue) as it did under previous management.
The new owners do still provide freshly prepared hot and cold meals for events, parties and meetings, for collection at the kitchen or delivery. Please see ‘Our Menus’ section, and check out our ferry brochures!
Look out for new products that will be launched in 2020!
COVID 19 UPDATE In mid-March, we reconfigured our entrance so the public no longer enters the kitchen when collecting meals. We installed a new sliding window to help ensure distancing measures are respected.
Convenient Chef strictly adheres to VCH guidelines on food safety and we monitor notices by VCH, FNHA, BCCDC and other government sources.
We employ high standards of food safety practice, including:
– Any employee who is sick or displaying symptoms of illness stays home (none to date)
– Vigorous hand washing for all employees throughout the day after each and every food handling sequence and washroom use, at a minimum
– Rigorous sanitizing of all preparation and cooking surfaces
New procedures implemented:
– No direct physical contact between staff and customers
– Sanitizing point of sale equipment after each and every use
– All deliveries will be left on customers’ doorstep. Delivery drivers will be using single-use gloves and hand sanitizers
We encourage our customers to telephone the kitchen on 604-483-9944 during business hours to place their orders. We will package these orders up and have them ready for collection at the counter or for delivery.
Please stay safe and healthy.