Welcome! Convenient Chef is a commercial kitchen located in the historic Townsite, Powell River at 5830 Ash Avenue, on the corner of Marine (Hwy. 101) & Ash Avenues. Convenient Chef crafts nutritious, delicious home-style prepared meals, selling directly to customers from its take out window and via delivery services.
Convenient Chef launched its Marine Menu in 2020 for boaters, yachters and commercial vessels, which can be ordered meals by phone for delivery to their vessels, or meals can be picked up at Westview Fuel Dock in Powell River or at the Lund Water Taxi office in Lund.
COVID-19 updates: tap here or scroll to the bottom of this page
Convenient Chef‘s nutritious, balanced prepared meals are designed for:
- Families on the go, with a new baby or without spare time to cook, or just a ‘Date Night’ at home
- Everyday lunches and dinners in the home or workplace
- Trips – self-catering at the cabin or AirBNB, and for camping, boating or hunting trips
- Busy professionals and industry workers alike, as overtime / emergency meals for industry
- Seniors (‘children’ from out of town often order for their parents)
- Individuals on extended care or insurance claims
- Veterans (insurance providers often cover the costs)
- Institutional, health care and home care providers
- Meetings, special events, and for hosts of lunches or dinner parties ~ see ‘Our Menu‘ section. Note that Convenient Chef does not provide full catering services (i.e. preparing, serving and cleaning up after meal service at the client’s venue), as it did under previous management.
- Really anyone who likes the convenience of balanced, nutritious and delicious home style cooked meals, without having to cook!
Made in Powell River, with many locally produced ingredients, and sold fresh and frozen in oven-ready recyclable packaging, Convenient Chef continues to offer all the favorite menu items it’s become known for, such as Laurie’s Lasagna, Maple Glazed Salmon, River City Ribs and Chicken Dijonnaise, to name just a few, and is continually introducing new home-style menu items. Our menu also includes many gluten-free and vegan meal choices.
COVID 19 UPDATE In mid-March, 2020 we reconfigured our entrance so the public no longer enters the kitchen when collecting meals. We installed a new sliding window to help ensure distancing measures are respected. Convenient Chef strictly adheres to VCH guidelines on food safety and we monitor notices by VCH, FNHA, BCCDC and other government sources. We employ high standards of food safety practice, including: - Any employee who is sick or displaying symptoms of illness stays home (none to date) - Vigorous hand washing for all employees throughout the day after each and every food handling sequence and washroom use, at a minimum - Rigorous sanitizing of all preparation and cooking surfaces New procedures implemented: - No direct physical contact between staff and customers - Sanitizing point of sale equipment after each and every use - All deliveries will be left on customers’ doorstep. Delivery drivers will be using single-use gloves and hand sanitizers
We encourage our customers to telephone the kitchen on 604-483-9944 during business hours to place their orders. We will package these orders up and have them ready for collection at the counter or for delivery. Please stay healthy.